We are set to host a 3-day virtual training on “Scaling Social Impact in East Africa” from July 13-15 2021 from 3pm to 5pm (Nairobi time). The course involves application of art and science that inform the scaling of social impact of a development project after a successful Decision Focused Evaluation (DFE). The course cements the philosophy that scaling should be directed at social impact rather than outputs in a non-linear version and drives the learner deep into the meaning and fundamentals of scaling social impact, the need to scale, and the moral, legal and ethical considerations in scaling social impact.
The course will be led by Prof. Amos Njuguna Chairperson, NIERA and Dean, School of Graduate Studies, Research & Extension USIU-Africa.
At the end of the course, learners should be able to:
- Explain the concept of scaling social impact and clearly identify programs that are fit for scaling.
- Describe the fundamentals of scaling social impact namely: What, Where, When, Who, Why and How of impact scaling.
- Understand the Moral, Legal, Social and Ethical concerns in scaling social impact.
- Apply the suggested tool kit to design a social impact scaling proposal for a development program
- Understand the unique considerations in monitoring, learning and evaluating impact in a scaling program.
Please register to receive meeting details and other relevant materials related to the trainings. Kindly direct any questions to Anne Maina on email@example.com